An introduction to itchy throat
Is your itchy throat becoming a nuisance for you? If yes then itchy throat causes sore throat and cough as its side effects. The cause of itchy throat is usually an allergic reaction or sometime an inflammation. Its symptoms include eating and speaking problem as well as itch in the eyes and bad nose. If a person feels the itchy throat problem has gone out of proportion then its time to cure the ailment as soon as possible because it does grow. Some preventive methods are explained below to get rid of itchy throat.
Throat infection can be due to viral infections. The common cold, flu and fever may be the reason for infected throat. Bacterial sore throat can be treated easily but the viral infections are difficult to treat.
The remedies for itchy throat
- Keep a tab on the diet and be sure not to eat such foods which can cause further soreness in the throat. Avoid spicy foods especially.
- Remember to drink plenty of water during the itchy throat crisis. That is because water will neutralize the itch to a certain extent. Drink filtered water to avoid episodes of itchiness in the throat.
- There are many over the counter medicines too for throat itch such as Allegra D can alleviate the itch to a considerable extent. It is a decongestant medicine.
- Drink herbal tea as it can relieve itchy throat as well. Don’t drink herbal tea while it is hot. Wait it out for a few minutes and drink after it is lukewarm.
- People with itchy throat can always use humidifier while sleeping to avoid problems while sleeping. Sleeping in the damp air is must when throat itch is a problem.
- When the throat itch persists for a while then it’s clearly time to take antibiotics. are and antihistamine medicines are efficient in this regard. syrup
- Sore throat can be treated effectively by many usual home remedies. There are many simple ones too. Some may relieve the infected throat in an hour but some may take one night to do its work. But if the home remedies don’t work, then consult your doctor.
- Mix salt with warm water and gargle. This is yet the most effective and easiest method to treat infected throat. More people have vouched for this treatment. It’s cost effective. The water must be boiling hot otherwise it doesn’t work.
- Another gargling solution people with sore throat have to try is mixing honey, hot water and apple cider. Mix the solution and gargle with it. It has brought results for most people.
- Another cool and effective remedy for infected throat is to mix honey, lemon, and apple cider vinegar with some pepper. Mix all of this in one cup of hot water. Here are the amounts. Use one teaspoon of honey, two of lemon citrus and one teaspoon for apple vinegar. Sprinkle some pepper too.
What happens if itchy throat is left untreated?
- Sore throat if not cared for properly can be a cause of scarlet fever and rheumatic fever. The scarlet fever can be treated easily. But in the case of delaying rheumatic fever, joint pains and heart diseases can occur, and that is a bigger problem than sore throat.
- The throat infection can be a cause for blocked nose. Sinusitis occurs because mucus released from sinus remains blocked in sinus. So a bad nose can typically create a full fledged sinus infection.
- 3: The sore throat can be hard to treat when it is left untreated. The infection grows with no stoppage and it creates pus of growing bacteria. So leaving it untreated can give rise to bigger problems.
- The sore throat can directly affect your tonsils. Tonsils can be removed surgically by a medical operation.
- The sore throat is not only confined to throat and nose alone. It also extends to ears too. Ear inflammation is called otitis. It can be hazardous and discomforting to have an ear infection.
- Sore throat should be treated immediately because edema can be caused by sore throat. The unnecessary liquids from the body have to be secreted by the body and therefore the lymph nodes aren’t able to do that.
- Having an itchy throat can cause digestion ailments too. Because the human body on the whole is weak from itchy throat. Therefore the digestion system can catch other bacteria’s too. It is pretty vulnerable at that point.
- Strep throat is a bigger disease than an ordinary sore throat and it is thus better to remedy the disease as soon as possible.
The itchy throat may not seem a bigger problem but it is a passageway to bigger diseases. There are many easy to use remedies for sore throat and over the counter medicines are also available to use. So why not nip the problem in the bud?
If you like this article “An introduction to itchy throat” please share it.