Home remedies for a sore throat
home remedies for a sore throat: introduction
Sore throat is one of the most commonly encountered problems among the people of all age groups and races etc. seeking medical help is no doubt the recommended and aithentic approach but home remedies are also of great help when it comes to easy , handy , readily available and cost effective not to forget that it is with lesser side effects and drug addiction or resistance !
Here os a list of most commun list of home remedies for a sore throat
- Fluids : This is the first line treatment when it comes to home remedies of a number of infections etc . warrm fluids , like tea , water , green tea are recommended as they not only sooth but also work as cleansing agent.
- Gargles : whether it is a sore throat or a respiratory tract infection , gargles with warm simple or salted water is of great help.
- Chamomile tea : It is good to do gargles with . honey , lemon , ginger , apple cidar vinegar : any or combination of these when mixed with warm water is miraculus for a sore throat.
- Candies etc : The idea is to not let the mouth or throat be dry as it will cause irritation and worsening of symptoms .
following is an intresting table showing the effectiveness and known healing effects of some home remedies for a sore throat :
|APPLE CIDER VINEGAR||138 YEARS|
|ACV AND CAYENNE||53 YEARS|
|PICKLE JUICE BRINE||32 YEARS|
|SALT WATER GARGLE||25 YEARS|
|HYDROGEN PEROXIDE||21 YEARS|
|CAYENNE PEPPER RECIPES||20 YEARS|
|TABASCO SAUCE||20 YEARS|
|HOT SAUCE||14 YEARS|
|IODINE PAINTING||13 YEARS|
|HOT TEA||8 YEARS|
|VICKS VAPOR RUB||6 YEARS|
|HAND THERAPY||6 YEARS|
|OREGANO OIL||5 YEARS|
More home remedies for a sore throat
- Quit smoking : As it is a known irritant and it also lowers the immunity levels , so get rid of it atleast when one having an attack.
- Vitamin C : Take the citrus fruits as they contain vitamin c , which is good for fighting inflamation and symptoms , never to forget is good for health and immune system.
- Cloves : Either sucked or made to boil to make tea are equally good and soothing.
- Horsehound : It is known to reduce the inflamation and hence the discomfort . it has great soothing effects.
- Hygeine : Personal hygeine and that of the tooth brush are very important . change the tooth brush regularly , atleast once every 4 to 6 months. as they say , ‘’ don’t let it become a sunflower ‘’.
- Over the counter drug : Medicines like acetaminophen , nsaids etc can be used for relife.
- Rest : Sore thorat is a call for rest indicating lowered immunity and rest and staying in is the best home remedy .
- Avoid irritants : Allergins like dust , smoke etc should be avoided and environment should be kept clean and humid . pollotion and dryness can aggravate the symptoms.