Home remedies for nasal congestion
Introduction to Home remedies for nasal congestion
One of the most annoying and irritating ailments is nasal congestion which occurs in winter and serves as a gateway to other allergies. However there are numerous home remedies for nasal congestion. There are plentiful home remedies for cough which are effective in relieving cough. With nasal congestion, fever, aches and cough are also eminent. For further detail consult a specialist.
Cost effective home remedies for nasal congestion
- The nasal congestion can be cured by lessening the wheat and dairy products consumption. During nasal congestion, increase the intake of vitamin C, zinc and other minerals. It helps in reducing the intensity of the disease.
- While sleeping, keep the head at an elevated height or sleep with face looking upward. This helps in preventing the accumulation of mucus in the nose. Drink water during nasal congestion.
- The nasal congestion can also be cleared with the help of hot tea, coffee, chicken soup, and corn soup. The nasal congestion becomes diluted and starts draining from the nose.
- Nasal sprays are also instrumental in relieving the nasal congestion. One of the home remedies for nasal congestion is to use a saline spray to cure nasal congestion.
- Using hot steam is also an efficient method to lessen nasal congestion. Fill a bowl of boiling water and pour some eucalyptus oil in it for increased effect. Peppermint oil and orange can also be used for that matter. Take a towel and cover the face with it. Now gently inhale the vapors. The steam also helps in removing dead cells from the skin.
- Neti poti is a home remedy for nasal congestion. It’s a small tea pot which is specifically designed to enter the nose. It has to be filled with hot water. It loosens up the phlegm.
We hope you liked our article “Home remedies for nasal congestion” please share it if you do.